DONATE AND BECOME A SUPPORTER!
SUPPORTER Level: (Choose one)
$15 for Students/Seniors (newsletter via email only)
$25 – Cormorant
$25 / $15 level will purchase:
– a pair of boots for volunteers
– 3 pairs of protective gloves for volunteers
– 5 volunteer vests
The following supporter levels include either email or paper copy via US mail.
Please indicate your newsletter preference: in Paypal notes.
$50 – Snowy Egret – $50 level will purchase:
– 1-2 a telescoping nets to scoop trash from the lake
– 5 pickers
– 3 boxes of 39 gallon plastic bags
– 2 collection barrels
$50 Blue Heron
$100 – Business/Swan – $100 level and above will go towards:
– Any of the above
– Purchase of a utility vehicle to collect bags of trash collected by volunteers Tuesday through Saturday.
– Purchase and maintenance of aeration devices and continued support of the Institute water quality monitoring buoy.
$250 – Leopard/Shark $250, $500, $1,000 will go towards:
– all of the above
$500 – Striped Bass
$1000 – Least Tern
Your contributions help us keep doing what we do. Click the donate button below to make a donation. PayPal, all major credit and debt cards are accepted. Help Save Lake Merritt & Lake Merritt Institute GoFundMe
supporter benefits include receiving our monthly bulletin with news about the lake.
The Lake Merritt Institute is a 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law and support the Institute and its programs. Our IRS tax ID is EIN 94-3214160.
Donors may designate contributions for specific projects, if so desired.
If you prefer to send in your donation by mail, download the supporter form, print it out and complete the form. Please address you envelope to:
The Lake Merritt Institute
568 Bellevue Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610
Volunteers meet at the Institute office, on the 2nd floor of the Boating Center, 568 Bellevue Avenue, next to the parking lot, in Lakeside Park. The office entrance is up the stairs behind the Boathouse office at the end of the building.
Volunteers usually work for between two and three hours during a shift. Gloves are provided. Individuals who have been trained may also work alone using one of the four “U-Clean-It” boxes around the Lake where you will find gloves, trash bags, barrels, nets, directions and sign in sheet.
NOTE: Only trained volunteers may access and use the U-clean it boxes. Please call or email the office to make an appointment for training at 510-238-2290 or email@example.com. Email is preferred.
The U-Clean It Boxes are located:
- Near Grand Avenue & Harrison intersection
- Between The Lake Chalet restaurant and the Cameron Stanford House along Lakeside Drive
- At the E. 18th St. and Lakeshore Drive dock
- Next to the columns structure, at the end of the Lake between Grand Avenue and Lakeshore Drive.
Reservations are not required for most events; just wear old clothes, meet us at the office, or work on your own.